Sunday, May 4, 2008

Will I be a statistic?

I would hope not. After spending this amount of money to join a specific profession. I better like it. I think I will, though. I've had a lot of fun in my student teaching practicums and it feels like I was meant to do this in life. That's a very good sign. My mentor teacher this time told me she was a statistic the first day I went in and she was burned out, after just five years. She doesn't like the education restrictions enforced by administration. But, I've also meant teachers that are going to have to force themselves to retire. So, Christenbury definitely brings to play some accurate scenerios in chapter 11. I agree with Joseph. It's all what we make it. We can focus on the negative things, or we can pursue a great career that gives a lot of oppurtunity with an open and positive mind that will shape our future about all endeavors, whether that means teaching or some other position in education. It's up to us. Everything boils down to a choice. I just want to say that I've really enjoyed collaberating with all of you and hope to work with some of you in my new career. It's been great fun learning new ideas and sharing them with you guys. I think we should all pursue keeping the education system a great place to be by taking part in the 4 Contemporary Challenges Christenbury brings in to focus: 1 standards 2 testing and reporting 3 increased awareness in muliculturalism 4 being a professional activist. One of us could have a major influence on bettering the educational system if we take part in the areas that make or break it. Put on your dancin shoes. It's almost our time to shine.

Priscilla

No comments: